- Administration of the Brainwave–R Program for Cognitive Rehabilitation as the basis for remediating attention, information processing, visual processing and executive functioning deficits.
- Identifying and training functional cognitive strategies to support memory and the successful performance of daily activities.
- Using electronic technology to support memory and executive function.
- Empowering choice and decision making capacity.
Upper Limb Rehabilitation
- Utilising motor relearning and performance principles with repetitive goal directed practice to retrain movement and optimise functional use of an impaired arm.
- Upper limb splinting and serial casting to maintain muscle length, inner hand hygiene and minimise pain or in conjunction with Botulinum Toxin administration as a intervention for spasticity management.
Retraining Physical Participation and Performance in Activities of Daily Living
- Adapting the environment and/or identifying equipment to facilitate and enable independent performance in usual personal and domestic activities of daily living.
- Providing strategies and training to successfully complete daily tasks and activities with minimal use of one or more limbs.
- Optimising mobility for the purposes of accessing the community and attending to usual community activities of daily living.
Stroke and Other Neurological Conditions
Encompassed under our Neurological Rehabilitation service Rehab Alive is also able to provide therapeutic Occupational Therapy interventions and/or symptom management support (in the form of aids, equipment and environmental modification) to clients with other neurological conditions including, but not limited to, Cerebro-Vascular Accidents (Strokes), Multiple Sclerosis, Guillian-Barre Syndrome, Motor Neuron Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Huntington’s Disease as well as conditions influenced by dysfunction of the nervous system such as Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome.